HOW TO STORE TUTUS
PURCHASE ARTICLE HERE: https://tutusthatdance.com/collections/faq-articles/products/storing-tutus
Tutu should be stored flat if at all possible. Kept dust free and edges protected from being crimped. Protect tulle/net from embellishments.
Where to Store
- Under beds and hanging on walls is a commonplace to consider for one or a few tutus.
- If you store in a closet and it is not deep enough, attaching a short bar at the top facing out, will allow you to hang tutus easily.
If you have a lot of tutus and room for it, building a tutu storage box is very handy.
How to store
- Covering tutus will keep the dust off. Use a breathable cover (lightweight fabric), rather than plastic for long term storage.
- Tutu hangers are also a practical way to hang
- Do not “hang” by the shoulder elastics. The elastic will eventually lose its “stretch”.
- Some like to store tutus upside down. Do not hang by the crotch. This is a delicate area and may result in weakened fabric and elastic.
- Romantic tutu’s may be stored, covered (breathable) and hung by loops sewn into the costume.
- Tutus bags are great for traveling with your tutu.
- They are not suggested for long term storage
- Be sure the tutu stays centered and the edges are not crimped.
- Water resistant or waterproof will protect your tutu for traveling.
- Ripstop fabric is a nice lightweight fabric to consider.
- Do not use for long term storage, breathable fabric is better.
Tutu Bag pattern: www.tutusthatdance.com
Tutu Hangers: www.tutuhangers.com
Tutu Stand (Italy) www.mypique.net
Purchase of this document does not entitle you to share, sell copies or post on your website or blog. If posted on social media, Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook etc. it must be in its entirety and include our name, logo and/or have the Tutus that Dance watermark. We do appreciate you giving us credit when sharing any information learned from it. Thank you~